Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tall Order

Have you ever heard a man say the expression, "i'd give my left nut" for something? I know every time I have ever heard it I thought my self, "no dude you can keep it, i'll give you what you want for free." Seriously, whoever came up with that saying obviously need to have their head hit with a roll of barbed wire. But I also know kind of what they are saying because I would give my two bubbies and pigs wrestling on my back side to be tall. Actually, I wish the two were reversed, but that's beside the point. My point is if I were tall I would not have to worry about feeling dumpy. I am 5'4" but lower to the ground. By that I mean I have short legs. I suck. 

In TJ Maxx on Saturday, I came this close and I mean close by $14.99 close to buying a maxi skirt just to fullfill these outfits. I didn't because tennis shoes and bras were apparently more important.

The skirt was similar in color but striped and I have a army green sweater. I know dumb dumb!


This is also a fav, but I feel like one of those nerds that wears their pants up their chest.


Or maybe it's not tall I need to be, but a negative 12 pounds. I have a jean jacket too. Total fail!


So, as I struggle with the fact that I didn't purchase the skirt or the awesome brown moto jacket for $24 smacks. I wonder what it would be like to be about three inches taller. Maybe its in the shoes. What shoes would you wear to pull this off? 

Help a Tater Queen out won'tcha!

Happy Wednesday,
Dusty

20 comments:

  1. I am 5'2" and wear maxis. I think it's all about proportion, and if everything fits properly, you can wear them. That said, whenever I wear them, I typically have to wear platforms unless I have them hemmed. Which I have also done, cuz sometimes it's just nice to wear flat sandals or even boots with a maxi. I say DOOOOOO IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love maxi skirts and dresses...in fact, I'm wearing a navy blue maxi skirt today! I'm 5'6" though, which I guess is average because I'm not too short or too tall. When I was younger and much thinner, I always felt tall but I guess I really wasn't. LOL That was an excellent price on the maxi you spotted - oh yes, that baby would've come home with me that day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have on a maxi skirt right now. Because I fret about a lot of things as a tall person. Like, I look like a giant monster lady in heels and I can't wear mini skirts because they look obscene. So if I can rock one thing, I rock the hell out of it. So maxis it is. I would be happy to send a few inches of my crazy height your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd give my left and right nut, if I had any, to be about 4" shorter. because apparently I don't shop at the same places as you where the apparel is actually meant for tall girls. Finding jeans to cover my freaky amazon legs is next to impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I would love to be about 5 foot 7. That extra 2 inches will stretch this fat out for sure :)

    Sharee'
    www.momFITTingitallin.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I am a failure as a female because i don't own a maxi skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm short too, I'm only 5'2! You can totally pull off a maxi skirt. Here's the secret, you buy the cotton type ones, where you can roll the top down to make the skirt shorter. Voila. You're welcome. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. My advice, when you find something that you are STILL thinking about, go back and GET IT! Wear some wedges and call it a day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 inches taller would be great. 7 inches taller would make you me and then you couldn't find a maxi skirt long enough or a man tall enough for you to wear sexy heels. Either way, go buy the skirt! You will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this same problem! I'm 5'4" too and even thought that's not particularly short some things make me look stumpy :( An extra few inches would stretch me out just right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go back! Super cute outfit! You would look so great in a maxi skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl let me just tell you - I'm 5'4" too! I knew we were star crossed lovers! :) It's so hard for me with the maxis because I have two and they both drag the ground. Boo hoo on being short!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will take the negative 12 pounds over an extra two inches. I'm almost 5'6" but I always feel dumpy. Anytime I'm in a dress with flat shoes... or basically anytime I'm in flat shoes, I feel a twinge of dumpiness. Or frumpy. Frumpy too. But negative 12 would definately help.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you didn't buy the skirt???! Why oh why!!? You need to go back there, pronto. You can rock a maxi. I'm 5'2, which means you are extremely taller than me. You can do it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. You would TOTALLY rock a maxi! I love them...even though I'm a big time shorty (5'3 1/2) I can usually find ones that go well with flats.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your blog via the Walkabout blog hop! Loving it...

    Maxi skirts are so cute, but I'm a little shy of 5'5" and I'm afraid I'd look even shorter with one.

    BUT...in answer to your question (and maybe mine)...I've always liked the look of wedges with maxis. This could be the answer to our problem.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love maxi skirts, very elegant!

    Xx
    www.estellelamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wedges!!

    Keep the 12 pounds you're fab!

    But no dessert for not buying the skirt. Rules are rules

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those looks. I would def do flat sandals now and booties or boots in a month when its colder. Maxi skirts are the new yoga pants, sooo comfy. And I don't have to shave.

    ReplyDelete