Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pumpkin Head

Since last Friday I have been a blubbering mess. I am not usually one to be a mess. But I guess I am allowed one of these once a year. Warning there may be more. First, I want to say thank you to EVERYONE who sent me the sweetest messages via email, twitter and Facebook about Walter. To say I was devastated was an understatement. But my fight will continue for his honor and other abused animals everywhere. You will see something up on my blog soon about Walter’s Law in which his champions including his medical team and Team Walter supporters everywhere will get a chance to fight for a law with stiffer penalties in animal cruelty. I promise that if I have to stand on legislatures steps with a sign and lobby for this law I will do so with my whole heart.

One of the things that last Friday showed me was how much a blog can make a difference and how many friends that I have without even meeting one soul. I was overwhelmed that you all took the time to be a virtual friend. And I can say that this blogging thing really is worth every post, my time, my useless knowledge but most of all its worth the friendships. From the bottom of my heart, I love you! Now lets get down to business cause I am tired of being a hot mess.

Before I became a hot mess, I was reading an article on US Magazine where Bristol Palin put in her two cents on Obama’s stance on gay marriage in which was influenced after speaking with his children. So before I start let me enter a few words. This is my opinion only. I don’t usually speak politics. All I do know is one is represented with an elephant and one is a donkey. I am neither but a damn liberal. However, I am speaking as a mother raising a child and wanted to say what I had to say. If you want to burn me at the stake, let me know I will send you a bogus address. Here we go.

"People automatically assume that a Christian female President isn't capable of making decisions without her spouse's stamp of approval. (I should add female Republican candidates –liberal women don't get the same kind of questions.)" "So let me get this straight – it's a problem if my mom listened too much to my dad, but it's a heroic act if the President made a massive change in a policy position that could affect the entire nation after consulting with his teenage daughters?" "While it's great to listen to your kids' ideas, there's also a time when dads simply need to be dads. In this case, it would've been helpful for him to explain to Malia and Sasha that while her friends parents are no doubt lovely people, that's not a reason to change thousands of years of thinking about marriage "Or that – as great as her friends may be – we know that in general kids do better growing up in a mother/father home. Bristol Palin

First, I am assuming to US Magazine you’re allowing her the rest of her 15 minutes of fame. She just used the last second of 14 minutes and 59 seconds worth of stupid. Her time is up. Although entitled to her opinion, how do you respond to a hypocrite? How do you find the words to balk the President, when you drank wine coolers, had sex with a twerp who obviously had his 15 minutes, got pregnant and then preached abstinence. I thought the horse came before the cart? But whatever, back in the 90’s wine coolers to tend to make teenagers horny. But most aren’t a presidential candidates daughter, who decided to have a child and then get engaged, then turn around and write a book about your experience trashing the father of a child in which one day he will read. I am not judging you for justifying getting your drunk on. I see you justifying getting busted. Tomato/Tamato. I had pre-marital sex. And truthfully, I wouldn’t change a thing. I consented, spread it open like Sunday dinner, but I didn’t have to make excuses for it just because my mom was famous or needed a platform to continue to be famous. My problem with you Ms. Pay Pal is this..

You have a son. A beautiful son I am sure. As a mother myself, I cannot set and keep a closed mind just because the Republican or Democratic party has a view on gay marriage or any issue for that matter. If you close your eyes to all that is around you then you become ignorant to the world. I raise my child to be open to all things around him. To the possibilities in his heart. To not treat people any differently than you want to be treated. That sometimes there are different circumstances but love is love. If I am the ignorant one, then it will reflect on keeping my child at a disadvantage to a world that the reality is, there is homosexuality, bi-racial relationships, unwed mothers and fathers. So what your telling me is that if your son came to you and said, I have met a wonderful woman who's not a cracker and we are getting married, you would disapprove because of your good Christian mother’s values? What if he said, I am in love with another man and we are going to live together and one day get married and adopt a child? Are you going to disown him never speak to him again because of your Christian mother’s values?



Here’s the big finale. You are an idiot, hypocrite and a pumpkin head with no merit. I love my son more than anything in this world. If he came to me with any of the scenarios above although I would have reservations, I would support him. Why, because its love. I carried this child in my body for 8 months (he was an early boy). I raised him, I want to be in his life. So if I don’t like a decision he has made, I can explain my reservations, but I would rather have him in my life period whether it be gay, in an bi-racial relationship, divorced with a child, whatever his life journey is. Your son doesn’t have a mother/father home (or should we define it as your own mother and fathers home). So how can you say that? I believe that God loves period. We are put on this earth to not always see the same view about religion or politics, but I can’t believe in my heart that a child, a gift from God, will be punished because of lifestyle decisions. You need to jump back and eat a hot dog before you give any kind of family or Christian advice.
There I said it,
Dusty

17 comments:

  1. Amen, sister. I don't understand why anyone would even ask for her opinion. Is she supposed to be a role model? If so, that is all kinds of scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh this just goes to show you even more why I adore you! first of all Bristol is a nut job, and she just runs off at the mouth without really knowing what's up. You and I know allllll about living in the Bible belt and the strangeness that comes along with that. However, I don't understand why people care about what others do if it doesn't effect them????? Who cares who wants to get married?

    ReplyDelete
  3. TELL HER HOW IT IS. That's why I love you sissy. I'm so sorry about Walter - I'm sorry I haven't been a supportive sissy but you know my heart goes out to you. You're allowed as many hot mess days as needed - doctors orders.
    xx
    justyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will repeat what I said last week. AMEN AMEN AMEN. You know your bloggy friends are here for you for a shoulder to cry on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preach it sister! But uh don't judge me for wearing a pumpkin head this last weekend mmmkay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you for this. It is so true. And I wish more mother's had this outlook on life with their children. It's the way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have such a way with words.
    and this made me want to be a mom. :)
    I've been negative in the baby hungriness for awhile, but people like you make it seem like the greatest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for saying all that. I was raised with a very similar ethos and I really have no idea why people think teaching hate is an acceptable thing.

    Your bloggy buds are always here for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made me tear up. I love everything about this post. First of all, your blog has made a huge difference in my life. I hope that you continue to preach Walter's Law, and that someday any bastard who harms an animal is sentenced for it. CRUEL mother F*ckers!

    Also Bristol, bristol bristol. I think you summed up everything I would have said. I always wonder how parent's can deny the things that are present around their children. In the end if her baby grew up to be in a "non-traditional" relationship he would abandon her as a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bristol, bristol, bristol.. I wonder if we can bring stoning back to the U.S. of A?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, so sad about Walter. I couldn't believe this story when I read it. People can be so cruel. It breaks my heart!
    And for the second half of your post can I just say...PREACH!! Love what you wrote!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very well stated, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy hell, Dusty...girl, you can write and this is why I LOVE your blog. Well said...where do you even come up with terms like, "Spread it open like Sunday dinner"!?!? I couldn't agree more and try to raise my two girls with the same outlook on life. But, I will say Obama has changed his "tune" if you will, due to the "season". They all actually make me nausea. There, now I said it! ;)
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bristol Palin. I have to admit that I have appreciation for people like her, because it ignites people like YOU who have the balls to say WTH, are.you.serious. and to write and voice awesome opinions and arguments just like YOU did. Kuddos chicaroo!! You nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so late to the party. I apologize for that. If you hadn't figured it out yet, I think the WORLD of you and adore you. I totally agree that we need to raise children to be open to different points of view, and to be tolerant.

    I never understood why people can claim to be "Christians", but only when it comes to the hellfire and brimstone. That's like the jihadist suicide bombers who claim to be "Muslim". Just because you agree with one small part of the doctrine does not a devout follower make.

    I have to say though, that I can't say too much on my feelings about the Palin family... I don't really know what to think of them. I respect their right to have their own beliefs, both moral and political. I just don't have to agree with them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will stand on those steps with you.
    Just so you know.

    I never commented?!?!
    hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete