Monday, January 16, 2012

no longer friends

*Warning this post may cause someone great distress because they have heard the truth I speak.

Who are you? I thought at one time we were friends. My revelation this weekend was confirmed that we are not. I have struggled and contemplated. I thought about telling you about it on Facebook, but would anyone listen? Does anyone feel my pain? Our relationship was close. I have known you for so long that, it’s so weird to know that you have changed.  What happened? Was it time? Did I neglect to accept or nurture your every need? Did I not listen to others when they told me at one time you were so wonderful and I could trust you. That this pain shouldn’t enter your life at this age.

I knew this day would come. I knew I would shed tears. I knew that you would probably be your stubborn self and tell your friends and they would jump on the bandwagon and then turn against me. We were family. So close. We had a special bond and then all of the sudden you turn into a ghost. A figment of my imagination? I think not. You’re real. You’re hurtful. You suck! This anger shouldn’t enter my life so young. I have so many things to be thankful for, so why are you significant? Why is it when I read these stories of this happening to others, they can embrace your harsh entrance. Smile and act like nothing is wrong. It’s life! I was told by a friend. You can either chose to ignore it or do something about it.

So, I have chosen in my better judgment as a human being to eliminate you from every aspect of my life. I am sure that every few weeks or so I will wonder about you. When you will appear in my life again, I will try to remember that you were really significant and that you taught me a life lesson. That it happens to the best of us. Things or people enter into our lives but that you just have to let them go with vengeance.

My hair and I have had a falling out. That’s right you gray hairs. I am making an appointment to destroy you!  How dare you invade my head and other parts of my body? You just had to go and spread the word and now there could be more out there I don’t know about. How dare you offset these beautiful highlights that I so treasure and pay good money for? My hair and I have a bond that will never be broken as long as there is a bowl, bleach and a good hairstylist that I call my friend in my life. At all cost, I will color you until the follicles cannot handle it anymore. I will have you shaved, waxed and plucked you until there is nothing left. You made your presence known now you must die bitches! In the words of Weezer from Steel Magnolias, “You are evil and must be destroyed.”

Happy Monday,
Dusty

1 comment:

  1. Not only did I get so worked up reading this thinking, "Man, this person really did her wrong! How dare they!!" Then when I finished reading I giggled and thought, "Dont laugh now! You turn 22 in 4 days!" Thank God for hair dye!! :)
    XO Anna

    ReplyDelete