Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hard Candy Product Review

Before I got laid off 2 years ago, I used to be a huge MAC cosmetics user. Now that I have a job and it pays me in carrot sticks in which whoever FICA is, takes a third of my paycheck, I learned how to attempt to be beautimus on a budget. And when I find out where FICA lives, I am going to kick there bleep! Anyway, around Halloween when I was in Walmart, I visited the beauty isle (as I do in any store) to pick up a foundation equivalent. I have been using Rimmel Stay Matte but wasn't overly enthused, so I thought I would try the Hard Candy products. I had read a review on Miss Natty's Beauty Diary blog about the Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer, remembered what she had wrote and decided to give it a whirl. Anything to take these black holes away from under my eyes. I also picked up the foundation, thinking for $6 bucks what can I lose? 

After the pure torture of Walmart..By the way, I hate Walmart. It drives me over the edge to the point of no return. Twenty six lanes and four are open and slow isn't even an action verb these people register with. I would rather be hit in the head with a wet squirrel than go in a Walmart, but for the love of my son and his costume, I swallowed my pride. 

Back to the review.. the concealer is amazing. It's thick, so literally a pencil lead size will do. It takes my planet space black hole looking circles from Star Wars material to presentable. It is a little dry in texture, but the coverage is amazing. I recommend moisturizer before applying. I will give it 4 stars out of 5.



On to the foundation.. It's pretty dang good. No, it's not MAC, but its soft, gives a medium coverage and goes on very smooth. Does not take alot of the mixture for coverage and it comes in a variety of shades. It also has a handy pump, so it's a no mess bottle. I use a sponge to apply. The only complaint I have is I do get a little shiny on the nose mid afternoon, but I think that's just because I am so fantastic my nose needs to be showcased..NOT! Nothing a little powder doesn't fix. I will also give this 4 out of 5 stars. 



So, if your looking for an inexpensive line of makeup, I do recommend it. If you would rather burn your eyes out with a Cuban cigar than go to Walmart, I understand that too, but its worth a try. 

Do you have any beauty finds on a budget?

Happy Holidays,
Dusty

4 comments:

  1. I am exactly like you girl!! When I was in school I wore all MAC (maybe because I was still on my parents dime) but I randomly picked up a Cover Girl blush and I am OBSESSED!! Now the only MAC I use is eye shadow (along with some covergirl too!) and I love saving the money! I use Neutrogena foundation and Physicians formula bronzer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE ELF eyeshadows!! They're cheap, have great colors, don't clump in your crease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wet. Squirrels.

    How am I supposed to leave intelligent responses to your posts when you post such funny stuff that I can't stop giggling? I needed that today. *snicker*

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yes, beauty finds on a budget. Wet N Wild eye shadows are great. I use an eye shadow primer to keep them in place, but they have great pigment for being so cheap. I use Urban Decay eye shadow primer potion and it rocks. It lasts forever, too. I have had the same bottle for over a year and am still going strong.

    ReplyDelete