Monday, November 21, 2011

I heart Photobucket

With the lovey off hunting wabbits..just kidding.. deer (yuck, makes me sad and I don't eat it EVER), my weekend was sort of eventful, it as usual wasn't long enough but on the bright side three day work week sounds pretty nice right about now. My weekend consisted of a weekend expo with my friend Wendy at this great place called the Art Mill just a few miles away. The sponsor of the expo was the Wilson Living Magazine (make note of that, you will hear alot about them in 2012 from me.) I don't want to sound like a crab, but I was disappointed. Back a few months ago, we went to a Fall Festival at a local bank and had a blast, this one did not live up to my expectations, but I will go back next year because I have a hidden agenda. It was ALOT of jewelry vendors, a few clothing vendors and a few craft vendors to boot. Oh, and Santa, who actually moved like he was 1 bazillion years old, which also confused my son who asked me this morning where the reindeer were? I politely said behind the building. To sum it up, we were there for a total of 40 minutes and left for the local shoe store.

The rest of Saturday was pizza, lots of sweet tea and pictures. Ian decided to take some pictures of me (he loves a camera). I uploaded these photos and went to town on Photo bucket. I heart Photo bucket!!!! I especially love the retro and cross process effects and I discovered that you can BEAUTIFY yourself. That's right..its a "wrinkle be gone" effect that has won my heart over. After smoothing out a few lines and erasing one lingering zit, here is the finished process. Please be aware that I am not a professional. This is clearly a funtastic hobby and I hope once I get my new camera (hint hint Santa Chad), I hope to be a picture taking beast.

retro process
retro/cross process
Old Time Photo w/text

I spent hours having fun with this, I am SOOOOOO NOT photogenic but if you notice to the right, I have a new button. Tell me what you think. 

And as the photo states, this week is of giving thanks. Thank you to all my followers and the wonderful blogger friends I have made. Don't forget you can follow me on Twitter now. I think I have sort of gotten the hang of it. I love this blog community and am so grateful.

Dusty


8 comments:

  1. Did you get your package yet?? Sometimes our mail takes forever, but I just wanted to see if it made it safe.

    ~Stop Me if You've Heard This One

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun Dusty!! Have you tried out Picnik?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how addicting this can be!!! I used to spend hours on Picnik, now I sadly just don't have enough time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new button. If you want we can do a button swap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Picknik too. Some things you have to buy but there was a feature on there that I did with some photos from the county fair this year and they were so cool. Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what you mean you have a new button to the right????? Help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I added a new button to paste and link to other blogs. Its the one with the writing on the arm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a very photogenic person. I love you and had a good time. You make my world complete. Rock on Blondie.

    ReplyDelete