Monday, November 14, 2011

DIY - Boho Jewelry Board

I have been in dire need of a new jewelry box or a bigger one. My son had this old chalk board that once was in my kitchen. So, I guess you could say it's been recyled now for the third (and final time). I have been wanting to do something with it, so I decided to make a jewelry board out of it. Thanks to my sweet mom for giving me a gift certificate to the local craft store for my birthday because I knew just what I wanted to do. I think it turned out fantabulous.

The Stuffs


Painted brown



Hot glued fabric to cork squares
(my board isn't perfectly square. I (my lovey) had to cut pieces to fit)


I liked this fabric, it felt vintage to me

And wait for it....

 Ta-Da!

It would have took me about 3 hours, but I was doing about four other things at the time. I start something, then go to another, etc. I think they have a name for that condition, but I hate to self diagnose. I glued the buttons to push pins, snipped the ends and then put a little glue around the inside of the pin to glue to fabric to hold. I still have my jewelry box, just more room to collect more.. Shopping anyone?

Happy Monday!

Dusty



7 comments:

  1. Love it! I have a frame I'm planning to turn into something similar, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe this is the inspiration I need...

    ~Stop Me if You've Heard This One

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Now stop making cute crafty things so I can actually do my work instead of stalking the bloggy world :)

    Happy Monday!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, LOOOOOOOOVE this! Such a cute idea and you made it look adorable! Thanks for linking this to my blog girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute!! Have to try it!!

    New follower from your Kristen's page

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, Your favorite jewelry lady!February 14, 2012 at 7:32 AM

    I can help you fill that board up! Love it!

    ReplyDelete