Tuesday, September 13, 2011

No leg waxing in my future!

I bought this kit about 2 weeks ago thinking I would try the approach of waxing my legs because I hate to shave and it lasts up to 4 weeks (i do shave by the way). So after doing the chores like feeding my son, cleaning the floors, slopping the hogs and making an Amish rocking chair (ha), I sat down to try it. This should come with a warning label! I wax my eyebrows and it doesn't affect me at all. This was tragic in every sense of the word.

I sat down on my couch, read the directions, warm strips between hands, pull strips apart, place towards ankle area, smooth in the direction of the hair growth, hold skin taunt and pull in swift motion.. Hey, holy bleep. I raised about 3 inches off the couch, my son started laughing hysterically and I now have one strip of hair removed from my leg and the rest of my leg can just wait for the Venus Embrace. I had my wassa waxed once and I said I would never in my life do it again. My grooming will be on my own terms not at the hands of a hair removal beast named Helga. This time, at my own hand, this girl ain't dumb. After 10 minutes its still stinging, so I obviously ripped through 8 epidermis layers of skin. If I ever tried this again, I will require the "brace yourself for a wax kit" which will consist of 8 glasses of Sangria, pain pill and a chew towel.

I have to say, I will leave this waxing BS to the experts! Ouch...D

3 comments:

  1. Lol.. note to self don't try this at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! I am with you, I HATE waxing, it's THE WORST!!!

    ReplyDelete